The primary responsibility of the Head cleaner is to assist the Kitchen Steward in maintaining the overall cleanliness of all Galley Outlets, Pot wash and Dish wash areas and any related locations assigned to the Food & Beverage Department.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Provide proper training and guidance to subordinates.
• Take ownership of the Stewarding operation in the absence of the Kitchen Steward.
• Supervise the cleanliness of all Galley Outlets, Pot washing & Dish washing locations and any adjacent areas assigned to the Food & Beverage Department to comply with Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Maintain the cleanliness and working condition of all Cleaning and Washing equipment.
• Take full ownership of the Utility Team operation in the absence of the Kitchen Steward.
• Supervise and support the dish wash areas during the peak hours to assist the Utility team and to prevent loss of and breakage.
• Control the garbage segregation system according to company policy, and train staff accordingly.
• Ensure Integrated Pest Management (IPM) procedures are followed.
• Assist the Sanitation Officer in maintaining any documentation required.
• Assist the Kitchen Steward with any documentation required.