Waiter / Waitress
The primary responsibility of the Waiter/Waitress is to provide and maintain the service standards using friendly, courteous, and professional service in any assigned venue.
The waiter can be assigned to work in any of the food outlets onboard.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Provide personalized service, using guest names.
• Maintain clean and orderly tables.
• Set up, organize and clean assigned station according to USPH standards
• Prepare mise-en-place to ensure that assigned station is ready when guests arrive.
• Greet guest at table as they arrive, pulling out the chair for ladies.
• Offer the menu.
• Provide guests with personal self introduction.
• Ensure that water, bread, butter, and beverages are offered according to service procedure.
• Possess full knowledge of the menu, and provide menu explanation and recommendations.
• Possess full knowledgeable of service procedures and standards.
• Take and process guest food orders.
• Serve food promptly, ensuring temperatures and presentations according to service procedures.
• Assist with embarkation, debarkation and luggage handling duties when required.
• Perform Room Service duties when requested by supervisors.
• Handle all ship equipment with care and report any faulty/broken equipment.