The primary responsibility of the Head Storekeeper is to assist the Provision Master in managing the storekeeper team and the day-to-day operation.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Responsible for the dry store inventory onboard, including receiving, storing, issuing and inventorying of the supplies.
• Assist the Provision Master in supervising and coordinating the day-to-day activities of all staff involved with receiving, storing, inventorying and issuance of food and beverage items and related supplies.
• Participate in the loading of all products necessary to the operation of the Food Dept.
• Ensure requisitions are prepared in a timely manner and in accordance with the requisition timetable.
• Ensure appropriate FIFO rotation is in place and report any issues to the Provision Master.
• Assist the Provision Master with the loading operation inside the store rooms.
• Assist Provision Master by conducting scheduled end of voyage physical inventory of assigned area, including high cost items, meat and fish thawing rooms, according to the Hotel Controller inventory schedule.
• Provide constant feedback to the Provision Master regarding Dry store operation.
• Report low inventory Items, expiration dates, and consumption changes to the Assistant F & B Director to reduce waste or shortages.