The primary responsibility of the Sous Chef is to maintain an efficient operation by constantly analyzing quality and cost of food production.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Maintain set budget and monitor time management.
• Provide ongoing training and ensure that the standards set by the Corporate Offices are followed.
• Ensure safe, quality food products and complete guest satisfaction.
• Develop and comply with the systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organization and take a disciplined approach when undertaking tasks.
• Work within a technical/specialized area of expertise to improve the quality of the service and product provided.
• Adopt an accommodating and helpful manner.
• Accept the objectives set by others and work within agreed parameters to ensure tasks are complete.
• Mentor, counsel, coach and support subordinates to boost morale and personal esteem.
• Maintain a high level of crew morale within the administration dept. ensuring that all crew are treated in a fair and unbiased manner and the team works with a positive atmosphere.
• Ensure full adherence to menus, recipes, methods and operational specifics provided by the company.
• Seek direction and authority from others when and if appropriate.
• Achieve set goals in a non-assertive and efficient manner.
• Conduct food tastings on a daily basis.
• Correct discrepancies (quality, taste, appearance) immediately.
• Monitor and assist Section Heads to prepare the daily electronic food requisitions according to the forecasted figures.
• Monitor the Dinner Service Line in assigned location, to ensure smooth and efficient service, presentation and final plating.
• Monitor the production and preparation level using the Culinary Checklist.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.