The primary responsibility of the Sanitation Officer is to supervise the overall cleanliness of the vessel areas allocated to the Food & Beverage and Housekeeping operations.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Oversee compliance with all sanitation practices, including but not limited to, cleanliness, storing, food handling, chemical handling, and pest management.
• Conduct necessary training for all F&B and Housekeeping team members in conjunction with their respective leaders.
• Supervise the cleanliness of all outlets and locations assigned to the Food & Beverage and Housekeeping departments to comply with Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Possess knowledge of regulations of the individual countries/regions on itinerary.
• Responsible for PH and Sanitation training of all F&B/HK personnel to include:
- Hands on training for chemical usage/handling
- Equipment handling
- Cleaning techniques
- Time control plans
- Completing logs such as blast chiller logs, and cooling logs.
• Ensure that staff performs according to required rules and regulations.
• Conduct spot-checks on a daily basis to ensure compliance and to address discrepancies.