The primary responsibility of the Kitchen Steward is to supervise the overall cleanliness of the Galley Outlets/Pot wash and Dish wash areas and any related locations assigned to the Food & Beverage Department.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Provide proper training and guidance to subordinates.
• Supervise the cleanliness of all Galley Outlets, Pot washing & Dish washing locations and any adjacent areas assigned to the Food & Beverage Department to comply with Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Responsible for the cleanliness of all galley Storage Areas (Galley Locker, Chemical locker, cleaning lockers).
• Maintain the cleanliness and working condition of all Cleaning and Washing equipment.
• Report any damages or malfunctions to the Sanitation Officer
• Supervise and support the dish wash areas during the peak hours to assist the Utility team and to prevent loss of and breakage.
• Provide all Galley Outlets with the necessary cleaning materials & chemicals on a daily basis.
• Submit the required Electronic Requisition.
• Assist the procurement team to evaluate the janitorial, chemical and cleaning supply consumption.
• Evaluate related par levels and orders to ensure a consistent chain of supply is maintained.
• Control the garbage segregation system according to company policy, and train staff accordingly.
• Ensure Integrated Pest Management (IPM) procedures are followed.
• Assist the Sanitation Officer in maintaining any documentation required and provide follow up.
• Monitor breakage of equipment, chinaware and glassware and record on a Breakage List.
• Report broken equipment on an Issuetrax request.
• Communicate with the personnel involved to maintain an efficient working condition of the equipment.
• Possess full understanding of how the TAR operates,
• Monitor the daily working and resting hours of all subordinates.
• Ensure accuracy and check all entries according to TAR policies.