Executive Pastry Chef
The primary responsibility of the Executive Pastry Chef is to be accountable for the financial running, quality production and operational management of all Patisserie and Bakery venues onboard.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Project the image of a confident manager.
• Maintain a structured department.
• Utilize exceptional time management skills.
• Encourage subordinates to expend the maximum use of the fresh products available to achieve the best results for the recipes compiled by the Corporate Pastry Chef.
• Improvise and be creative on menu items when the need arises.
• Monitor and achieve targets for inventory controls, food costs, and team support.
• Manage the food production operation in all outlets for the Pastry and Bakery Department in a smooth and efficient manner.
• Ensure that menus, recipes, guidelines, and methods provided by the Corporate Pastry Chef are followed accordingly.
• Maintain quality and consistency in taste, presentation and appearance according to recipes and pictures.
• Rectify discrepancies immediately.
• Supervise and check all pastry outlets (Buffet, Speciality Restaurant, Afternoon Teatime), ensuring that standards are followed accordingly.
• Work closely with the Sanitation Officer and Kitchen Steward to accomplish tasks related to inventory, equipment control and maintenance, Public Health Sanitation Rules and Regulations, and training and re-enforcement.
• Oversee the electronic requisitioning and ordering process to ensure the proper use of ingredients.
• Possess good guest-interaction skills and deal with feedback received.
• Supervise the coffee corner and each location where pastries are served.
• Ensure that the Pastry & Bakery Department are productive and operated with the least supervision required from the Executive and Senior Executive Chef.
• Provide Crew and Staff Mess with a selection of pastries and bakery goods for all meals.