Assistant Restaurant Manager
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Restaurant Manager is to ensure quality service to the guests by assisting the Restaurant Manager in leading and motivating the Restaurant team in all food service outlets on board.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- Maintain positive Sailor relations at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, cooking methods and beverage selections available in the assigned outlet.
- Responsible for providing supervision, leadership and support to all restaurant team members, helping to provide a professional and welcoming atmosphere and service to all Sailors and Crew.
- Responsible for training restaurant teams on respective food/beverage menus, standards and steps of service.
- Responsible for cross training crew members in other departments in order to find the right fit of future teams.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price range and dress code of assigned restaurant and/or outlet.
- Regularly visits each table of their respective restaurant and/or outlet engaging with and receiving feedback regarding the food and service ensuring Sailors have the utmost satisfaction.
- Ensures all restaurant team members perform and adhere to company guidelines and policy at all times.
- Ensure that all restaurant products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-effective manner.
- Informs the Maître d’ on all Sailor issues, special requests, suggestions and complaints and where possible, seek to resolve.
- Assigns service stations to the service staff from the respective assigned outlet based on performance, and ability without discrimination or favoritism.
- Ensures that all health rules and regulations such as USPH are maintained and adhered to and where necessary, provide training to other members of the Restaurant team.
- Ensures that Sailor orders are correctly entered into the system and monitors tab for any corrections necessary.
- Monitors and assists clear down routines after service and ensures the appearance and condition of all items including cutlery and tableware meet Virgin Voyages’ standards.