The primary responsibility of the Tailor is to execute all tailoring repairs needed onboard.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Complete tailoring repairs needed in guest suites such as curtains and bed skirts, and other tailoring work requested by Chief Housekeeper.
• Provide tailoring alterations and maintenance of officers, staff and crew uniforms.
• Follow up with maintenance of all drapes and fabrics around the ship.
• Work in conjunction with the Linen Keeper and notify him of any problems regarding the washing and dry cleaning of the uniforms.
• Keep inventory of all Tailor and uniform equipment.
• Inform the Chief Housekeeper of the supplies needed.
• Keep the Chief Housekeeper informed of any problems regarding the uniforms.
• Advise the Chief Housekeeper of shortages or damages.
• Responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of the Tailor workshops.
• Ensure personal appearance, personal hygiene, and uniform are in accordance with company rules and regulations.
• Assists the Linen Keeper during busy hours with issuance of linen.
• Assists on the “floor” during Embarkation day.
• Assists during luggage on load and offload.
• Possess full knowledge of the Company Waste Management Policy.
• Possess knowledge of United States Public Health Rules and Regulations pertaining to assigned area.
• Assure compliance with USPH Rules and Regulations.