The primary responsibility of the Butler is to provide exceptional service to all guests in suites in the assigned area.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- Possess exemplary interpersonal skills and premium service etiquette.
- Provide each guest with a truly memorable level of service.
- Inspect each guest suite prior to embarkation.
- Greet guests and provide introduction on embarkation day.
- Explain fully all services, and guest suite and bathroom amenities.
- Make reservations for guests at the Alternative Restaurant on board, and shore side restaurants when asked to do so.
- Possess ability to explain all menus and wines to the guests.
- Provide delivery service for invitations, gifts and flowers.
- Assist guests in disembarking the vessel during disembarkation.
- Take care of guest personal laundry requests, taking it to and from the laundry
- Re-stock the Mini-Bars twice per day or when needed.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, stationary, ice, fruit bowl and all other amenities.
- Report and follow up all defective equipment, fixtures and supplies.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the suites.
- Serve breakfast, lunch or dinner in suite as requested.
- Possess knowledge of the United States Public Health Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure personal appearance and personal hygiene and uniform are at all times in accordance with the company rules and regulations.
- Arrange in- suite cocktail parties when asked.
- Deliver afternoon VIP canapés and cookies.
- Hand Deliver shore excursions tickets and specialty restaurant reservation cards.
- Inform guests of the itinerary ports of call and help make arrangements for excursions and tours.
- Bring newspapers and/or other literature, as needed, daily.
- Escort guests to officers’ tables when invited.
- Provide shoe polish service.