Junior Assistant Cook
The primary responsibility of the Junior Assistant Cook is to prepare the ground work for the daily menu items under the supervision of the section leader or manager, and following recipes and guidelines provided.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Possess a basic professional knowledge of all sections in a classic kitchen.
• Prepare all basic food items for the menu as requested by supervisor.
• Possess advanced knife handling skills.
• Able to work in any section of a galley.
• Possess excellent food knowledge and a full understanding of culinary terms.
• Read, understand, follow and prepare company recipes.
• Complete tasks, and work efficiently and productively.
• Ensure that Public Health rules and regulations are followed on a daily basis.
• Ensure that assigned area of responsibility is ready for announced or unannounced inspection conducted by Ship Management or local authorities.
• Report for duty at assigned times, follow supervisor’s instructions, and ensure that personal appearance, uniform and personal hygiene are in accordance with the company rules and regulations.