The primary responsibility of the Cook is to prepare the ground work for the daily menu items with minimal supervision of his section leader or manager, and following recipes and guidelines provided.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Possess a basic professional knowledge of all sections in a classic kitchen.
• Identify flavor balance and take corrective action when needed.
• Share responsibility for the overall product with the section leader.
• Possess previous ship experience and USPH knowledge.
• Possess advanced knife handling skills
• Ensure accurate timing of food preparation.
• Prepare all basic food items for the menu as requested by supervisor.
• Able to work in any section of a galley.
• Possess excellent food knowledge and a full understanding of culinary terms.
• Read, understand, follow and prepare company recipes.
• Complete tasks, and work efficiently and productively.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Ensure that all the HACCP procedures are applied at all times and followed accordingly.
• Ensure that assigned area of responsibility is ready for announced or unannounced inspection conducted by Ship Management or local authorities.
• Report for duty at assigned times.
• Follows supervisor instructions.
• Ensure that personal appearance, uniform and personal hygiene are in accordance with the company rules and regulations.