Chef de Partie
The primary responsibility of the Chef De Partie is to lead a section assigned by the Galley Management and oversee the entire production with minimum supervision.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Take full ownership as an independently motivated professional.
• Accept assignment in any area of the Galley, either hot or cold section.
• Encourage leadership as a confident junior manager.
• Possess excellent food knowledge and a full understanding of culinary terms.
• Read, understand, follow and prepare company recipes.
• Maintain the quality and consistency in taste according to instructions provided by the corporate office.
• Complete tasks, and work efficiently and productively.
• Able to work in any section of a kitchen.
• Coordinate and supervise all personnel assigned to section.
• Assign and delegate tasks to subordinates.
• Review recipes on a daily basis.
• Maintain recipe folders in an immaculate condition.
• Follow through on any request within the area of responsibility received from the direct supervisor or manager on duty.
• Provide food samples, random food tastings and show plates when requested by direct supervisor.
• Control production levels.
• Recommend improvements and better cost control.
• Prepare daily electronic food requisitions needed section production.
• Countercheck deliveries for accuracy.
• Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
• Possess ability to oversee any main section (Sauce, Entremetier, Fish, Roast, Outlet CDP, Tournant and Cold Kitchen) and its entire food production.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Ensure that all the HACCP procedures are applied at all times and followed accordingly.