The primary responsibility of the Butcher is to handle all raw meat preparations, which includes, but is not limited to the ownership and follow-up of the portion control, thawing control, ordering, and proper stock rotation.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Possess advanced Butcher cutting techniques for beef, pork, poultry, veal, and lamb.
• Accountable for the loading, receiving and safe storage of inventory.
• Control food cost, waste, food safety, handling and sanitation to be in compliance with USPH.
• Possess a thorough understanding of how to handle, defrost, prepare and portion all cuts of meat.
• Complete tasks, and work efficiently and productively.
• Possess advanced knife handling skills
• Coordinate and supervise all personnel assigned to assigned section.
• Assign and delegate tasks.
• Conduct portion control reviews on a daily basis to ensure compliance.
• Control production levels.
• Recommend improvements and better cost control.
• Ensure that economical work practices are applied by subordinates, to avoid food waste.
• Prepare Daily Meat Thawing requisitions needed for assigned section production.
• Prepare electronic Daily Meat consumption recap with accuracy.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Ensure that all the HACCP procedures are applied at all times and followed correctly.
• Ensure that assigned area of responsibility is ready for announced or unannounced inspection conducted by Ship Management or local authorities.
• Report for duty at assigned times.
• Follows supervisor instructions.
• Ensure that personal appearance, uniform and personal hygiene are in accordance with the company rules and regulations.