The primary responsibility of the Baker is to assist the Head Baker in effectively supervising and managing the onboard Bakery Production.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Ensure that Quality Standards and Procedures are in line with company Rules and Regulations.
• Ensure that bakery personnel is guided and trained to increase productivity.
• Manage the preparation of bakery items that require good professional bakery skills, with the help of the Head Baker.
• Responsible for the production of bakery goods such as different bread rolls, Danish, breads, croissant, etc.
• Possess good knowledge of the Bakery and an understanding of culinary terms.
• Possess knowledge of the various types of grains and flour, gluten free bread options, and food-related allergies.
• Maintain a disciplined shift and in control of both the production and personnel assigned.
• Read, understand, follow and prepare company recipes.
• Ensure that menus, recipes, guidelines & methods provided are followed.
• Able to work in any section of the Bakery Department and demonstrate methods and recipes to subordinates.
• Complete tasks efficiently.
• Maintain and ensure that Public Health regulations (US, Anvisa, Shipsan, Canadian, Australian, etc.) are followed at all times on board.
• Produce and maintain the expected level of food quality in assigned area and according to instructions from the Head Baker.
• Maintain quality and consistency in taste, presentation and appearance, according to recipes and pictures.
• Rectify any discrepancies immediately.
• Produce and maintain the expected level of food quality in area of responsibility.
• Master bread decorations for the various buffet themes and special occasions as required by the operation.
• Prepare the daily electronic requisitions according to the guest count and forecast figures.
• Communicate to the Head Baker and Pastry Chef, any relevant provision issues on a daily basis.
• Possess knowledge of the United States Public Health rules and regulations, and ensure that they are followed on a daily basis.