The primary responsibility of the Assistant Pastry is the preparation of Pastry items that require basic professional skills.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Assist the Pastry Chef to produce pastries on time and in line with Company standards and recipes.
• Prepare all required Pastry recipes as instructed, following the Menus, Recipes, Guidelines & Methods provided.
• Complete basic tasks such as creams, ice-cream, and preparation of basic doughs.
• Possess knowledge and ability to use general techniques such as the use of a piping bag.
• Able to read, understand, follow and prepare company recipes.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with USPH and Company Regulations.
• Able to work in any section of the Pastry Department and demonstrate methods and recipes to subordinates.
• Produce and maintain the expected level of food quality in assigned area and according to instructions from the Pastry Chef.
• Maintain quality and consistency in taste, presentation and appearance, according to recipes and pictures.
• Rectify any discrepancies immediately.
• Communicate relevant provision issues to the Chef De Partie on a daily basis.
• Possess a good knowledge of Pastry and an understanding of culinary terms.
• Complete tasks effectively.