The primary responsibility of the Assistant Butcher is to handle all raw meat preparations assigned by the Head Butcher.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Manage the organization of the stores and freezer and ensure compliance with company standards.
• Possess basic professional butcher knowledge and skills.
• Possess a thorough understanding of how to handle, defrost, prepare and portion all cuts of meat.
• Complete tasks, and work efficiently and productively.
• Possess advanced knife handling and butchery skills.
• Conduct Portion Control reviews on a daily basis to ensure compliance.
• Possess familiarity with the United States Public Health rules and regulations and ensure that they are followed on a daily basis.
• Ensure that all the HACCP procedures are applied at all times and followed correctly.
• Ensure that assigned area of responsibility is ready for announced or unannounced inspection conducted by Ship Management or local authorities.
• Report for duty at assigned times.
• Follows supervisor instructions.
• Ensure that personal appearance, uniform and personal hygiene are in accordance with the company rules and regulations.